Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Analyze environmental adjustment challenges faced by offenders.
- Competency 2: Assess intervention techniques that impact offender’s ability to function in correctional or community-based settings.
- Competency 3: Apply communication skills to influence offender’s behavior in a correctional setting.
- Competency 4: Determine appropriate levels of intervention in corrections or community-based settings.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of the corrections and criminal justice professions.
The assignment criteria in your Connect Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to Competencies 1â€“5 for the course.
Throughout this course, you have explored correctional counseling and rehabilitation. You examined how to facilitate meaningful behavioral change with justice-involved people. You also assessed intervention techniques that impact the offender’s ability to function in corrections or community-based settings. You applied communication skills to influence the offender’s behavior and determined appropriate levels of intervention in corrections or community-based settings. In this assignment, you will reflect on the competencies of this course.
Prepare a 4â€“6 page paper (1â€“1.5 pages of content per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies:
- Address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1â€“4.
- Showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context.
Be sure to review the assignment scoring guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
- Written communication must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of references: 3â€“5 peer-reviewed references.
- Length of paper: 4â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages of content plus title and references pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.