This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding of how culture shapes and is shaped by politics and society.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 5: Examine the evolution of pop culture and its influence on American life.
. Examine the cultural impact of the 1960’s peace movement.
. Examine how media and pop culture influence one another.
. Compare cultures of different eras.
. Analyze the impact of technology on pop culture.
. Analyze music’s effect on pop culture.
· Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
· Popular Culture in the 1950s and early 1960s
· Popular culture came to America in a big way together with television, low-cost housing, and numerous appliances in the 1950s. It was the era of federal loans, nuclear bomb paranoia, and last but not least, rock and roll. Teenagers in the 1950s and early 1960s rejected or at least questioned the sameness of their parents’ values. Segregation by race diminished. Folk music claimed credit for setting the stage for real reforms in society. It claimed center stage briefly, as there was an upheaval in traditional values. Members of the baby boom—those born between 1946 and 1964—were growing up in time to enjoy these changes.
Write a five-page analysis on the evolution and impact of popular culture. Be sure to address the following in your analysis:
· Analyze the impacts that the 1960’s peace movement and cultural icons (such as Bob Dylan, the Beatles, and so on) had on one another.
· Consider one of the decades after 1950 and discuss the major influences media and pop culture had on one another.
· Compare today’s pop culture with that of the 1960’s.
· Analyze how technology has shaped pop culture in America. Cite specific examples.
· Analyze the impact of music on popular culture. You may pick a particular era or type of music to discuss.
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
· Number of resources: Minimum of one peer-reviewed resource.
· Length of paper: Five typed, double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman. 12 point.
Please plagiarism free, this work will be submitted to turnitin