Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the Ryder, Ban, & Chentsova-Dutton (2011) â€œTowards a Cultural-Clinical Psychology,â€ American Psychological Association (2014) â€œGuidelines for Prevention in Psychology,â€ Hage, et al. (2007) â€œWalking the Talk: Implementing the Prevention Guidelines and Transforming the Profession of Psychology,â€ and Rivera-Mosquera, et al. (2007) â€œPrevention Activities in Professional Psychology: A Reaction to the Prevention Guidelinesâ€ articles.
Clinical and counseling psychology is a dynamic field that is constantly evolving and striving toward better treatment options and modalities. In this literature review, you will explore and integrate psychological research into a literature review, addressing current trends in three major areas of clinical and counseling psychology: assessment, clinical work, and prevention.
In your review, include the following headings, and address the required content.
Support this section with information from the Ryder et al. (2011) article â€œTowards a Cultural-Clinical Psychologyâ€ and at least one additional peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library.
- Compare the assessments currently in use by clinical and counseling psychologists.
- Explain the trend towards cultural-clinical psychology and the suitability of clinical assessments with diverse clients.
Support this section using a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles from the Ashford University Library. The recommended articles for this week may be useful in generating your response.
- Compare and contrast technical eclecticism, assimilative integration and theoretical integration.
- Provide a historical context and identify the major theorists for each perspective.
- Assess the trends in psychotherapy integration.
- List three pros and cons for each perspective, sharing which perspective most closely aligns with your own.
- Analyze the major trends in psychology and explain the connection between evidenced-based practices and psychotherapy integration.
Review the â€œGuidelines for Prevention in Psychologyâ€ (American Psychological Association, 2014), and support this section with information from the Hage, et al. (2007) â€œWalking the Talk: Implementing the Prevention Guidelines and Transforming the Profession of Psychology,â€ and Rivera-Mosquera, et al. (2007) â€œPrevention Activities in Professional Psychology: A Reaction to the Prevention Guidelinesâ€ articles.
- Describe general prevention strategies implemented by clinical and counseling psychologists at the micro, meso, exo, and macro levels.
The Literature Review
- Must be 7 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least seven peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.