Discussion: What Is Diversity?
When we approach discussions about diversity, we each come to conclusions with our own perspectives that have been shaped by our experiences. As we begin our first discussion, take a moment to consider what has influenced your ideas of diversity and compare those ideas with what you read in this module’s readings. Then, address the following:
- Introduce your major and profession – NURSING.
- In your own words, define the term diversity and discuss how it is used or impacts your daily life. How does your definition compare and contrast with those that were presented in the readings?
- What is the influence of diversity on your chosen field of study or future profession? How can you use your understanding of diversity in your professional career?
In response to your peers, provide feedback about their definition of diversity. Compare and contrast your answers and consider the following:
- What are the similarities and differences between your peer’s response and yours?
- How do the two definitions of diversity help to illustrate how diversity and society are intertwined? How can a perspective through the four lenses help to provide a greater understanding of diversity?
Make sure you support your response with the readings from this module, and any additional resources if needed.
Attached below are readings from the module to use to answer the questions above.
Field of study and current profession is NURSING and should be based in that subject.