As you continue on your quest for academic success, it is important to share your knowledge with others. In fact, you have been asked to provide advice to future students on academic integrity.
Begin by reviewing the Unit VI Scenario Activity in this unit’s readings to determine instances in which academic integrity has been violated. After doing so, it is now time to share your knowledge with others. You have been given the task of writing a reflection paper to future students at CSU in which you will share your advice on academic integrity. Your reflection must cover the topics listed below.
- What did you initially know about academic integrity before viewing the presentation?
- Have you ever been tempted to use a contracted website?
- What factors should you and other students examine before embracing an “online tutoring” website?
- How can a “homework assistance” website promote academic dishonesty?
- What are some ways students can avoid academic dishonesty?
- What repercussions could students face if they violate CSU’s Academic Integrity Policy?
- What can you do in the future to avoid violations of academic integrity?
Your paper must be a minimum of two pages in length.
Academic Paper in APA Format
You and Claudia are nearing the end of your journey in this course, and it is time to put those newly acquired skills to work. For this paper, you will be required to create an academic paper in APA format, demonstrating reflective thinking. Click here to access the essay template for this assignment.
The elements below should be included in the essay.
- Include an APA-formatted title page (refer to the essay template).
- Include an introduction. The introduction to your paper should be one paragraph that states the overarching concept for your paper. The introduction is the first paragraph of the paper in which you will introduce readers to the three main topics in your paper: career goals, learning strategies for success, and time management. (This section should be a minimum of 50 words.)
- Describe your career goals. What were your career goals when you first began this course? How have they changed? What future courses will you take that will help you reach your goals? What role will mentors play in your quest? (This section should be a minimum of 150 words.)
- Make sure that you list the courses from your Degree Advisement Plan (DAP) and how they will assist your future career goals.
- Identify your learning style. What is your learning style? How can awareness in this area impact your behaviors as a student? What can you do to improve? How can your family help support your study habits? (This section should be a minimum of 150 words.)
- Include a paraphrased statement from your course textbook and/or a peer-reviewed article from the CSU Online Library to support your learning style and study methods. Make certain to include in-text citations.
- Remember to place the reference (for the textbook and/or the peer-reviewed research article) in APA style on the references page.
- Identify your time management techniques. When you first began this course, how well did you manage your time? What consumes most of your time on a daily basis now? Can adjustments be made in this area? What new strategies will you begin to incorporate in your educational experiences as well as your work and home environments to best balance all of your obligations? (This section should be a minimum of 150 words.)
- Provide a conclusion. The last paragraph should summarize the body of your paper. It should reflect back to the introduction and briefly state how you will approach career goals, time management, and study methods. (This section should be at least 50 words.)
- Include a references page.
- On a separate page, list the reference(s) for your paper. You must use a minimum of one reference, which can be your textbook.
- The heading “References” (or “Reference” if only one source is used) should be centered at the top of the page.
- The references should be formatted according to the type of source. In other words, a book is formatted in a certain way, and an article is formatted in another way.
- List the references in alphabetical order according to the first author’s last name. Apply double-spacing.
- Each reference should be formatted with a hanging indentation.
Your paper must be a minimum of two pages in length. Make certain to double space, use 12-point Times New Roman font, and use one-inch margins for your paper.