Please no plagiarism
Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home. Find (or create) a diagram of your chosen organism that has its organs/specialized structures labelled.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Use the posted GRADING RUBRIC to guide your writing. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism would be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram (of your organism with organs/structures labelled) and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to cite your images (Example, 2017) and provide a full APA-formatted reference for the images in your reference section.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well-written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources. No wikis.