The strategic planning process is essential for any nonprofit or government organization as it helps organizations achieve their missions and goals. This process includes various elements such as stakeholders, sustainable outcomes, resources, and community connections, with each element fulfilling a particular role in the planning process. For this Discussion, you examine strategic planning and consider the most important element of the process.
Post an explanation of the most important element of the strategic planning process (e.g., stakeholders, sustainable outcomes, resources, community connections). Include how this element of planning helps public and nonprofit organizations achieve optimal results. Then, explain how this element of planning relates to your own professional experiences.
- Course Text: Bryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 2, â€œThe Strategy Change Cycle: An Effective Strategic Planning and Management Approach for Public and Nonprofit Organizationsâ€ (pp. 35â€“71)
- Chapter 3, â€œInitiating and Agreeing on a Strategic Planning Processâ€ (pp. 77-112)
- Chapter 4, â€œClarifying Organizational Mandates and Missionâ€ (pp. 115-142)
- McNamara, C. (n.d.). Basic overview of various strategic planning models. Retrieved June 14, 2014, from http://managementhelp.org/strategicplanning/models.htm