Dr. Jeff Jones has been a counselor in private practice for over five years. His office is in a suite of offices in downtown Chicago. The other offices are occupied by other mental health professionals. Dr. Jones treats adolescents and adults in his practice and often works from early in the morning to early evening. In recent weeks, Dr. Jones has been experiencing severe marital problems, difficulty sleeping, and difficulty relaxing. He often takes a drink or two in the evening to help him relax. He is having some difficulty recently getting to his appointments on time and also becomes quite distracted at times during his counseling sessions. His colleagues have noticed that he seems distracted and worried.What are the ethical or legal issues pertinent to this scenario?What ethical issues or legal issues that must be considered by Dr. Jones’ colleagues in the nearby offices?
In the case analysis, please include the following information:
- Description of at least 3 ethical and/or legal issues in the vignette
- Identification of relevant ethical codes
- Explanation of 3 courses of action to resolve the issue
- Description of the decision-making process for each course of action
- Assessment of option that best upholds the ethical standards of the profession
The paper should be 5 to 6 pages, and include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.