Assignment: Variables, Measurement, and SPSS
In this weekâ€™s Discussion, you considered topics with social change implications. For this Assignment, you will examine data to analyze independent and dependent variables, determine how they are measured, and decipher whether a social change question can be answered and the implications for such change.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources as well as the SPSS resources found in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and then choose two variables that interest you.
For this Assignment:
Write a 1- to 2-page summary and include the following:
- A description of what the each of the variables measure.
- A description of the unit of analysis.
- A description and explanation of the levels of measurement for each variable (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio).
- Explain how you might conceive these variables to be used to answer a social change question. What might be the implications for social change?
Support your summary using appropriate scholarly citations and references. Use proper APA format.