The Importance Of Nursing Informatics In Patient Safety In The Operating Room
Beginning in Module 1 of this course you have been researching a healthcare informatics topic of your choice. Now you will present your findings in a 7 to 12 minute recorded presentation complete with PowerPoint slides (no length requirement).
- Discuss your topic and its relationship to your current (or future) practice. Discuss why the topic is important in healthcare informatics.
- What research have you have found on the topic. Describe how each scholarly article relates to the topic and your current (or future) practice. Describe what conclusions you have drawn based on your research of the topic.
- What ethical or legal issues does this topic present?
- Create a plan for implementing a change (or justify the need for no change). Who needs to be involved? What training programs are needed? Is there a need for on-going training? Discuss how you would evaluate the success of the change (or the continued success of what you are currently doing). What is the cost to implement or maintain this change? Who will be financially responsible? How feasible is this change?
- Finally, identify how changes in public policy and technological advances in the future could impact this topic. What would those changes mean to the healthcare industry?
Length: Recorded presentation between 7 and 12 minutes in length. The presentation should include a PowerPoint and oral presentation of the slides. Answer all questions thoroughly with the allotted time. Use www.screencast-o-matic.com or other software to record your presentation as an mp4.
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a link or .mp4 file.
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module1.mp4”)