Keep a humanâ€“computer interface (HCI) journal with your weekly observations of HCI issues that pertain to you, your work, your family, and your friends. Be sure to document your journal in chronological order.
Some examples of items you might wish to document could include any type of computer system that you directly or indirectly interact with, such as the following:
- Self-serve checkouts
- Automated soap dispensers
Your journal should meet the following requirements:
- Title page
- Four or more journal entries that include the following:
- Title of entry
- Description and thoughts on the interaction
- A summary of 2â€“3 pages that discusses the following:
- Your overall experiences
- Items you think could be improved
- Things you would like to see more automated
- How the systems could be improved
- At least 3 references in an APA-formatted reference page. These references should be cited in your summary, and your book may be used as one of your references.
Follow APA guidelines for the journal summary.