This assignment provides students an opportunity to research a selected company as if they were involved in a company’s actual strategic management planning process. It allows students to see which management planning process and management plan the selected company is currently using, allowing them to measure the effectiveness of current strategies.
A Strategic Management Plan addresses four different management functions: Environmental Scanning, Strategy Formulation, Strategy Implementation, Evaluation and Control.
Write a 1,050-word report in which you select a company you are familiar with or a company where you currently work, and do the following:
- Evaluate the internal and external environments of your selected company using an environmental scan.
- Analyze the competitive advantage of your selected company.
- Evaluate the strategies your selected company uses to create value and gain competitive advantage.
- Examine the measurement guidelines your selected company uses to verify its strategic effectiveness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the measurement guidelines your selected company uses.
Cite 3 scholarly references (all work must be original)