I NEED A PLAGIARISM FREE PAPER ; because it will be checked by turnitin.com
Assignment 1.1: Topic Selection and Thesis Statement
Consider a social issue in which you are interested. It could be human freedom, sexuality, deviance, crime, social mobility, poverty, education, aging, and similar issues. Select a specific social issue to investigate in this assignment. In this assignment, you will begin your exploration by developing a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your argument to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gathered and outlined that you present as your argument in support of your claims. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. (Note: Students please consult Stanford University’s Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis, the Web page can be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/~steener/handouts/thesis.htm.)
Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
- Describe the topic you have selected.
- Identify the sociological significance of the subject matter.
- Develop a thesis statement that supports your stance on the topic and directly answers the position you pose with your topic.
- Speculate on opposing views of the sociological significance of your topic.
- Determine a counter argument based on your topic and justify your response.
- Use three (3) credible sources and APA citations where appropriate.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.