Reflect contributions to Wikipedia in light of what we’ve learned, especially the management of newcomers, moderation, and community governance. you will be writing in the first person about your experiences, the paper must have a thesis (explanation or argument) and structure your reflection accordingly. Follow the ethical requirements associated with a public report of a public space.
- James Grimmelmann, 2015, “The virtues of moderation.” (You may skip section IV “Lessons for Law.”)
- Howie Fung, 2011, WikiLove: An experiment in appreciation; if you are interested, you can also read some objections to Wikilove when it was deployed
- Wikipedia, Help:Referencing for beginners
- Joseph Reagle, 2010, “Good faith collaboration,” Good Faith Collaboration, ch=3
- Haiyi Zhu, Amy Zhang, Jiping He, Robert E. Kraut, Aniket Kittur, 2013, “Effects of peer feedback on contribution: A field experiment in Wikipedia”