Analyze current I/O practices from a current or former workplace. In your analysis, you will create a comparison table, concept map, or mind map of each of the three I/O practices you chose.
Write a proposal for an organization’s leadership to screen candidates for a specific job position, according to the following scenario:
Company T is a large global organization consisting of 5,000 employees in multiple locations worldwide. Assume you are responsible for creating a battery of tests to use in selection to hire a person for training and development. Some of the skills you want the candidate to have include critical thinking, active listening skills, good time management, problem solving, instruction skills, and cross-cultural knowledge.
For this training and development job position, select three standardized tests that would be useful in screening job candidates. Describe each test and include the psychometric data. Identify the job characteristic or skill that you think the test would support (if a validity study were conducted). Develop a structured interview that could be used along with the battery of tests to appropriately assess the candidates.
- Select a job position from within your organization and identify it as either industrial or organizational.
- Use the Mental Measurements Yearbook database and/or the Health and Psychosocial Instruments database (linked in the Resources) to select three appropriate standardized tests for this job position.
- Describe each test and include the psychometric data and a reference for each test.
- Identify the job characteristics that you think the test would support (if a validity study were conducted).
- Develop a 15-question structured interview that could be used along with the battery of tests to appropriately assess individuals.
- Provide a reference supporting your approach to the structured interview.
- Explain how individual differences are evaluated in test interpretation.
- Explain the ethical and diversity standards and considerations for testing.