There are two parts to this assignment; review the entire assignment before getting started.
Part 1. Conduct a search for internships or volunteer opportunities that pertain specifically to healthcare operations management. Start by looking in your local area; you may expand to other areas as needed/ desired. Consider these questions as you conduct the search:
- What types of opportunities did you find?
- What specific qualities or skill set are organizations seeking in interns or volunteers?
- What personally interests you most or least in these opportunities?
Part 2. Conduct a search for professional certifications that might apply specifically to healthcare operations management. Consider these questions as you conduct the search:
- What certifications are available in your professional area of interest?
- Who are the sponsoring associations of these professional certifications?
- How are the certifications obtained?
- Are exams, fees, or proof of education or work experience required?
- How might these certifications benefit you in your career?
The paper should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages).
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)
- Include at least three references from peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.