Starting a Business Online, Part 2
Imagine that you own a small, local clothing store along the Jersey Shore boardwalk and decide that you want to engage in e-Commerce.
Write a 4-5 page paper on the following:
- Imagine that someone has offered you $1,000 to buy your domain name shortly after your started your business online. Explain why or why you would not sell and cite the ethical dilemmas involved.
- The e-Commerce software you will be using must provide a catalog display, shopping cart capabilities, and transaction processing. The convenience and usability for the customer are benefits of these functions. State how each of these functions could be beneficial to your business.
- Your business will have created a presence in the physical world by having a store along the boardwalk. Assess how you will create an effective presence on the Web, meeting the objectives listed in Chapter 3. Be sure to include how you would improve Web presence by increasing Website usability.
- Develop a Web marketing strategy for your company including the following: identify the market segments you will target, how you will reach that segment, and explain how you will advertise on the Web.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.