Part 2: Capstone Project â€“ Informational
This part of the assignment is NOT FOR GRADING this week. This part of the assignment is to contribute to the capstone project and also to show the instructor that progress is being made on the capstone project.
Continue using the template that was modified in Unit 1. Submit your capstone project related work to the group submission area. Include the word “DRAFT” in the document title. Your second draft will then be available to share with your team. The second draft will also be available for your instructor to view team progress.
Use the company profile and scenario found here as the subject of your Systems Implementation Plan.
Designing a network involves data, voice, and power considerations. Creating a well-integrated social relationship platform involves interoperability with other technologies, like customer relationship management (CRM). Assume you are designing a network infrastructure for Verbania, Inc. The company requires an efficient network that carries data, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and Power over Ethernet (PoE). It also requires the effective use of a CRM system to pull customersâ€™ social media data for review and analysis to improve user experience and generate profits.
Capstone Project Activity – Unit 2
The project team must analyze the New Requirements. This section will specify what the company will need in the area of solution elements, such as networking, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Power (PoE). Specifically, this section will answer the following questions (at a minimum):
- Which type of network topology would you recommend for the corporate backbone and the wired and wireless connections? Why do you think this would be the best choice?
- Which type of cabling would you recommend? Why do you think this would be the best choice?
- How will the network infrastructure accommodate remote access?
- What solution would you propose to integrate the social media site with a CRM solution?
- What security considerations are involved?
Collaborate and work with the network specialist on the team. Be sure to capture and document the decisions made in the appropriate section of the capstone project document.