Please see the
below the questions below that I would like to have individually answered. This assignment must consist of 1200+ words with 3 Scholarly Sources, the below reference must be used as one source . **NO PLAGIARISM WHATSOEVER**
Natural Disasters Statistics, Exponential Growth & Carrying Capacity
What is the size and growth rate of the global population of humans?
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
2. 1.What will the global population be in 50 years if the growth rate is 1.4% per year? 1.2%/yr? 1.0 %/yr?
2. What effects on population growth rates of the increasing migration of people from rural environments to cities?
3. Given the unprecedented population growth rates of humans, are there roles that governments, religions, and cultural institutions can play? Or is it best to just let events unfold as they may?
Density Differentiation, Isostasy, Age of Earth & Plate Tectonics
Plate tectonic theory explains how the upper layers of the rocky Earth (lithosphere and asthenosphere) move about and in so doing cause earthquakes and volcanism.
4. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
5. 1. It is rare for a scientific theory to be accepted but plate tectonics is accepted worldwide. What compelling lines of evidence support it?
2. What is the age of the Earth? What are the ages of the oldest rocks on the continents? What are the ages of the oldest rocks on the ocean floors? How do they all fit together?
6. Our understanding of most earthquakes and volcanoes is based on plate tectonics. Does everyone need to understand how plate tectonics works?
Earthquake Faults, Seismic Waves & Building in Earthquake Country. The 1971 San Fernando Valley earthquake , California (p. 70-72)
7. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
8. 1. What was wrong with hospital building construction?
2. What was wrong with Van Norman Dam construction?
9. What changes need to be made to retrofit (earthquake proof) those hospitals and dam? Or must they be removed and totally rebuilt?
Textbook and Reference is attached below:
Abbott, P. L. (2014). Natural disasters (9th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.