Draw on the material in the background readings and do additional research to prepare a magazine article in which you do the following:
- Analyze the five steps of the Cycle of Excellence and discuss the added value of using the Cycle of Excellence.
- Critique Hallowellâ€™s Cycle of Excellence and use it as a starting point to create your own cycle of excellence. Share real-world employer examples (by employer name).
- Discuss how the cycle of excellence you have developed is the optimum approach for managing human capital.
- The magazine article you are writing should be similar to an article you might find in TD: Talent Development (magazine of the Association for Talent Development) or in HR Magazine (magazine for the Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM). Both are found in the Trident Online Library.
- Utilize at least three other reference sources to build your article. Cite sources within your paragraphs and include them in a References list at the end of your article. (Note: Even though practitioner magazine articles at times do not cite sources or have a reference section, they are needed for our academic purposes. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper for additional information.
- Include a cover page and a reference page.
Written Communications Assessed
As you may recall, in MGT302 (Organization Behavior and Teamwork) written communications was assessed at the â€œintroducedâ€ level. Now at this â€œreinforcedâ€ level, MGT407 Case 3 takes written communications a step further by having you work on a submission that could be presented to a practitionerâ€™s magazine for publication.
Later, in MGT491 (Capstone in HRM), your written communications skills will be further developed.
The skills needed in these three assignments build on each other and offer you the opportunity to enhance and practice your written communications preparation skills.
The grading rubric for written communications at the undergraduate level has been developed to measure student success in meeting the MGT407 Case 3 expectations related to written communications. Rubrics for the other two courses are included in their respective written communications assignments.