Maintenance, Tools, and Troubleshooting
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read Chapters 12 and 13 in the textbook, review the Network Maintenance Myths Busted (Links to an external site.) and the Top 5 Threat Protection Best Practices (Links to an external site.) online resources, and review any relevant information in this weekâ€™s lecture. For this assignment you will take on the role of a newly hired IT Director of a company that has been a victim of multiple cyber attacks in the last few months. You need to create new security plans, policies, and procedures to eliminate these attacks. These elements will serve as the basis of a manual to follow, filled with best and latest IT practices. Part of this documentation will be sections on best maintenance practices for your network, including the tools to deploy to defend against outside threats, and what to do in the event a network is faulty or down due to a malfunction or an outside breach.
Research a minimum of two professional sources on this topic. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.)
For this assignment, evaluate the telecommunication and network processes currently in place and explain how the company plans to protect its network and assets from both internal and external threats using best practices moving forward. Apply technical knowledge to the security issues and explain the tools that will be deployed to reach the new level of security. Create an outline of the procedures that will guide the organization in the event of a security breach, and then provide an explanation of each element in the procedure. Explain the troubleshooting tactics that will be employed when the network is down. Support your statements with evidence from at least two additional professional sources in addition to the required resources.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two professional sources in addition to the required resources.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.