- Length of paper: A minimum of three double-spaced pages.
To excel in their practice, social workers needs to understand a variety of theoretical frames for differing scenarios they will encounter as professionals. Social workers also need to understand techniques for applying theory to their practice. This assignment gives you the opportunity to analyze a theory in a scholarly paper and create a presentation that puts that theory into a larger context.
By successfully completing this assignment, you demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAs and practice behaviors:
- C4.GP.B. Apply critical thinking to engage in analysis of quantitative and qualitative research methods and research findings.
- C6.GP.A; C7.GP.B; C8.GP.B; C9.GP.B. (Engage) (Assess) (Intervene) (Evaluate). Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks with clients and constituencies.
For this final assignment, which is also your final course project, write a scholarly paper and create a PowerPoint presentation including the components identified in the instructions below.
For this assignment:
- Discuss why the theory, chosen for the assignment in Unit 5, is useful to you in your social work practice.
- Compare and contrast your selected theory with at least two other theories, explaining why the theory you selected is a better fit for your practice.
- Explain how theory guides social work practice, including the areas of assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
- Integrate research-based knowledge and practice wisdom to support your project.
Using the content of your Unit 5 assignment, your chosen case study, and selected theory, create a PowerPoint presentation that presents a comparison of your theory with at least two other theories in the context of applicability to your chosen case study.
- Explain your reasoning using multiple sources of knowledge, including research-based knowledge, and practice wisdom.
Submit both the paper and presentation in the assignment area.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: A minimum of three scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.