Week 3: Network Enterprise Architecture Analysis
This effort assembles a wealth of information for your selected organization. Select 1 network, and detail its demographic and configuration. Networks might include the following:
- Intranet (local area network, wide area network, and metropolitan area network)
- Extranet (interactive voice response, automatic call distributor, call routing, and dialer)
- Wireless local area network (LAN)
- Designated routers (DR)
- Storage area network (SAN)
- Virtual private network (VPN) access to a public network as if a private extension
- Public switched telephone network (PSTN)
- Public switched packet network (PSDN) packets
- Cellular voice and cellular data (3G or 4G)
Your new content should include the following:
- Include all views and viewpoints for the chosen network.
- For a selected view, expand the row of the Zachman matrix.
- Justify that all gaps are resolved.
- Include these viewpoints in the Network EA Plan.
Week 4: Network Enterprise Architecture Design
Create a â€œTo-Beâ€ vision for the design of the next generation network for your selected organization. Begin with an assessment of the â€œAs-Isâ€ network enterprise architecture (EA) from previous efforts. Identify technology and requirement updates. Include organizational and usage changes, possibly resulting from merger and acquisition changes. Suggest changes that are necessary. Finally, summarize the changes for the new network EA. Include the following in your plan:
- Assess the current network EA, identifying networking needs.
- Analyze changes that are needed to the network EA for requirements and technology upgrades.
- Include these changes into viewpoints to create the network â€œTo-Beâ€ EA.
Part 1: Final Deliverable for Key Assignment
Week 5: Network Enterprise Architecture Plan
In the last few weeks, you have prepared the foundation for the Network Enterprise Architecture Plan document. The final step is to include the implementation plan for the new network enterprise architecture.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Include the following in your implementation plan:
- Summarize network changes to network architecture.
- Create a schedule of change milestones.
- Include an EAP plan in your Network Enterprise Architecture Plan document.
- Complete the Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Implementation Manual final version by doing the following:
- Review the entire document for any changes and improvements that you would like to make.
- Ensure that this final version of the document is sufficiently detailed to meet the requirements of the assignment.
Part 2: ArgumentationIT is responsible for end-to-end network integrity. An EAP document provides the plan for integrating network EA changes. Consider the following EA approach for creating a plan, and relate the steps to activities for your project EA plan:
- Getting started
- Where you are today
- Vision of where you want to be
- How you plan to get there
- Observations for deployment benefits
All sources that are used to support your argument and solution should be cited both in-text (on the slide or in the notes section) and on a References slide in APA format.