(1) Discuss two specific topics that you found interesting/learned from the film and (2) Connect each topic to specific concepts, theories, examples, or ideas from the assigned book chapter. Each homework assignment should be approximately two (2) pages double-spaced in length (approximately one page per topic).
Paper Format: All uploaded assignments must be typed and double-spaced with a 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. See MLA Handbook for citation format. Also, please keep a copy of all final drafts for your records.
Guiding questions (not required to answer):
- Shows “Cop watchers” dedicated to bringing awareness to their community and exposing police brutality/harassment. They are legally recording/documenting each arrest but often find themselves to be the victims of chaos.
- What is the contemporary context behind the film Copwatch?
- What recourse do community members, specifically those of the Black community have when confronting lethal police violence?
- How has video cameras, pictures, and videos changed policing in the U.S.?
- Do citizen efforts to document police violence help de-escalate tense situations and bring accountability to police brutality? What are the problems associated with this practice? In other words, does it really work?
- What do the stories of Ramsey Orta and Kevin Moore tell us about their video activism, the criminal justice system, and efforts to prevent police abuse of force?
- What do you make of the convoluted conclusion and what is your final assessment of the film?
When you start it , I will send you the film