exploring current issues in human resources 1
In this final project, you will explore a specific topic/issue related to human resources within a specific organization. You may select from the general list (see below), but keep in mind that you may also select from more specific topics, such as affirmative action, downsizing, health care coordinated services, negotiation, grievance processes and diversity, and international aspects.
General topics/issues related to human resources:
- Labor relations
- Employment laws
- Compensation issues
- Labor contracts
- Labor administration
- Grievances and dispute resolution
- Employee discipline
Discuss how that topic/issue has impacted the Child & Family Service (Ewa Beach, HI) organization, how the organization has responded to the topic/issue, and recommendations you would offer the organization based on your analysis of its past approaches.
In order to fully develop your discussion, your project must include the following elements:
- Organization profile
- Historical perspective of topic/issue (Discuss the history of the topic you selected from both a national, as well as your organizationâ€™s perspective.)
- Topic/issue impact on organization (Discuss how the topic you selected has impacted your organization.)
- Organization response to topic/issue (Discuss how your organization currently responds to/deals with the topic you selected.)
- Your analysis of organization response to topic/issue (Incorporate course readings and outside sources to support your analysis, and compare and contrast your organizationâ€™s response/approach to that of another similar organization.)
- Recommendations for organization (Incorporate course readings and outside sources to support your recommendations/solutions.
The paper must:
- Conform to APA Requirements
- Be 8 pages in length (excluding title page and references)
- Incorporate at least four academic/scholarly sources.
*Attached is the Child & Family Service Employee Handbook
*Below is the Child & Family Service Website