Please help to do these discussion questions.
1) Watch this horrible 2 minute business presentation. The speaker commits 10 basic presentation no-nos. How many can you spot? What are they? Number them and list them.
2) Please answer the following:
- Which of Dr. Bechkoffâ€™s Tips for Presenting do you already do well? Which do you need to work on?
- What qualities did Genevieve Catalanoâ€™s elevator pitch have that might make an investor invest in TravelBlender?
- What are some things you can do to work on your business writing skills? Be specific.
3) Instructions: Complete both of the rewriting exercises and answer the questions below.
Professional Tone. Rewrite these sentences to adjust the tone from highly formal to professional: http://youngcommunication.com/twtk/2.10-profession…
Active voice. Rewrite the sentences to change them from passive to active voice: http://youngcommunication.com/twtk/2.1-active-voic…
Was this an easy or difficult exercise for you? Explain why or why not?
Tell how each one (professional tone and using active voice) is important in business communication.
Go through your email and find an email you wrote to your boss/professor. Was it professional in tone? If not, what couldâ€™ve been changed and how? Did you use active or passive voice? How do you know?
4) Comment on the videos. Your comment/observation/experience must be about the topic in general or about the content in the video(s)