Reflecting on the focus and content of this course, what is an important challenge facing management of health care organizations today, and how would you go about addressing it? Explain.
- Develop a crisis management plan for a healthcare organization to ensure patient safety and containment or control of contagions in the event of a natural disaster, a catastrophic building failure, or an act of terrorism
- Formulate policies governing health service vendors retained by a healthcare organization to address legal and regulatory requirements to ensure the safety, care, and privacy of patients
- Evaluate the impact of legal and regulatory policy on decision making and strategy development in healthcare organizations
- Compose performance baselines for healthcare organizations and develop strategies to manage and measure performance
- Assess the implications of various health issues and methods of managing them on operational performance of healthcare organizations
- Critically evaluate the efficacy of management practices in a contemporary healthcare organization