For this discussion, you will explore the relationship between financial analysis and strategic analysis in a review of the case study Kering SA: Probing the Performance Gap with LVMH (Case #2 from your textbook). Read: Chapter 2, â€œPutting Performance Analysis into Practice.â€
A case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
- Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course area which apply to the situation described in the case study.
- Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the course area issues. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current course area. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
- Describe in detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
- Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
- Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions, but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
In an original post, present a well-written answer and diagnosis for the following case study questions:
- How well is Kering performing relative to LVMH?
- From (a) the financial data and (b) what we know about Keringâ€™s businesses, can we identify the sources of Keringâ€™s inferior performance?
- How are the shareholders and stakeholders affected by the performance?
- What can Keringâ€™s management do to close the gap with LVMH?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
Using APA write up standard and you have to Cote the refrence as per APA.