cross cultural and diversity training 1
|Cross-cultural and Diversity Training|
To complete this assignment, please review the course text and the article â€œIdentifying and Training Adaptive Cross-Cultural Management Skills: The Crucial Role of Cultural Metacognitionâ€. In addition, watch the videos Workplace Relationships: Playing Your Part (Links to an external site.) and Diversity in the Workplace: Playing Your Part (Links to an external site.). Next, research for answers to the following questions in your required sources and on the Internet. Be sure to validate that the sources you use are credible. Also, keep a list of the sources you use to include at the bottom of your posting, so others can access them as well.
Click here (Links to an external site.) to view the Evaluating Sources for Credibility video. [Transcript available (Links to an external site.) located under More option].
Analyze and discuss the following questions about cross-cultural and diversity training and share your findings with your classmates.
- What are some of the training and development challenges associated with high employee turnover?
- Why should a task analysis be performed to address the specific content addressed in a diversity training program?
- Why would it be important to participate in a cross-cultural training before a business trip out of the country or an international assignment?
- What are some critical success factors for these programs?
- Do you have any personal experiences with diversity and/or cross-cultural training? If so, please share about your experience(s). If you do not, what reasons do you think that your past work experiences did not include such activities?
- How important do you think this type of training is for you personally? What areas do you feel would be crucial for you to personally develop?
Your initial post should be between 350 and 400 words. You must use at least one outside source (peer-reviewed article, newspaper article, or other reputable source) in addition to your text. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the In-Text Citation Helper: A Guide to Making APA In-Text Citations (Links to an external site.). List each of your sources at the end of your post according to APA style as shown in the sample page for References (Links to an external site.).