Plan to keep presentation less than 7 minutes. Your presentation should explain why the particular images you selected represent good design to you. Think back to the readings. During your presentation, answer the following questions.
- Do the objects you selected fit within Dieter Ramsâ€™s criteria?
- Would these objects represent good design to everyone or only to your specific needs?
- How would you describe your overall design aesthetic?
- Why does the object wow you?
- What possibilities, stories, trends do you see in this design object?
* If you are doing an audio or video, you must also post a written transcript. This document can also include the citations, if they are not included in the audio or video.
What needs to be included in the presentation?
Images, citations and one paragraph (written, audio or video) per category (total of 5 categories). These can be design objects from any time period and culture.
Required image categories. Note, you must select two unique images for each category, they cannot be the same object or designer.
- 2 images of architecture
- 2 images of interiors/interior design
- 2 images of costume/fashion/dress
- 2 images of graphic design
- 2 images of product design
Citations for architecture and interiors should include*:
Architect/Interior Designer (if known), Title/Description of Structure, Date, Location
Citations for all others:
Designer (if known), Title/Description, Date, Country of Origin/Manufacture
*Note: A website link is not considered a proper citation.