Principles of Finance I
Prepare a PowerPoint or Prezi Presentation to define the following terms, using graphs or equations to illustrate your answers where feasible.
- Risk in general; stand-alone risk; probability distribution and its relation to risk
- Expected rate of return, ^r
- Continuous probability distribution
- Standard deviation, σ; variance, σ2
- Risk aversion; realized rate of return, r
- Risk premium for Stock i, RPi; market risk premium, RPM
- Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Expected return on a portfolio, r^p; market portfolio
- Correlation as a concept; correlation coefficient, ρ
- Market risk; diversifiable risk; relevant risk
- Beta coefficient, b; average stock’s beta
- Security Market Line (SML); SML equation
- Slope of SML and its relationship to risk aversion
- Equilibrium; Efficient Markets Hypothesis (EMH); three forms of EMH
- Fama-French three-factor model
- Behavioral finance; herding; anchoring
Business School Assignment Instructions
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
Include cover page and reference page.
At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
Use at least three references from outside the course material; one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.