The CDC’s list of the 10 most important public health problems and concerns are the following (listed alphabetically not in the order of importance):
- Alcohol-related harms
- Food safety
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Heart disease and stroke
- Motor vehicle injury
- Nutrition, physical activity and obesity
- Prescription drug overdose
- Teen pregnancy
- Tobacco use
Choose one of the above problems and briefly discuss a possible solution keeping in mind the Seven Characteristics of Public Health Solutions.
- Not hazardous to life or function.
- Effective in reducing or preventing the targeted disease or condition.
- Easily and efficiently implemented; minimum compliance required.
- Potency maintained for a substantial time period.
- Attainable regardless of socioeconomic status (SES).
- Effective immediately upon application.
- Inexpensive and within the means of the community.
- This website can be helpful in giving you ideas and solutions: https://www.cdc.gov/psr/index.html (Links to an external site.)
Remember: All posts and responses should contain proper grammar, be free of spelling errors, be substantial, and reflect critical thinking