Your Life Skills – Research Assignment relates to chapters 13 (Money and the Financial System), and 14 (Banking and the Money Supply), 15 (Monetary Theory and Policy), 18 (International Finance) respectively. You will be answerring questions related to the Financial System and Money Supply, Interest Rates, Trade Balance and Foreign Exchange Rates.
Your assignment is worth 15 pts, and each of the questions must have at least a half of page of writing
In addition your answers must prescribe to APA format.. You must submit a cover page, each question in a page by itself, and your references page must be also in a page by itself. And, please do not forget to reference your in-text. Lastly your assignment must be submitted via “Safeassign” in order to obtain your max points your work must be original in at least 70%.
Answer the following questions:
– Discuss the impact of the bank mergers on the structure of American banking. Why do banks merge?
– What is the federal funds market? How does it help banks strike a balance between liquidity and profitability?
– Why has the Federal Reserve chosen to focus on the federal funds rate rather than some other interest rate as a tool of monetary policy?
– What is the difference between a depreciation of the dollar and a devaluation of the dollar?
– Explain why a U. S. recession that occurs as the rest of the world is expanding will tend to reduce the U. S. Trade deficit.
Your Assignment requires that you submit at least two references one from your textbook and from the database “STATISTA”
You will be able to access STATISTA database by going to your College Library
– Once you have signed to LIRN
– Go to your Business section
– Select STATISTA
– Type the topic to be searched (As examples) type:
– Federal Funds Market
– U. S. Recession
– U.S. Trade Balance
– You will get search results for your selection
– Click on your selection and it will display information to be used on your assignment (text, data, graphs, etc)
– It will also give you a window for your citation (choose APA) and copy/paste on your assignment’s references page