In this Journal activity, address the following items in your response:
- Review the reading within Activity 6.1, “University of Nebraska Digital Commons: Implementing Affirmative Action Plans in Multinational Corporations”.
- Provide an answer to the following questions:
- What are global affirmative action programs and the implications of non-compliance with such programs?
- Why is it important to have an affirmative action program in a multicultural organization that supports aviation maintenance?
- Choose one component of an Affirmative Action Program (AAP) and provide a brief discussion defending the program.
Read the following resources to increase your understanding of cultural diversity within the aviation industry.From the International Civil Aviation Organization:
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Agenda item 41: Economic Regulation of Air Transport, 2013 (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This paper reports on major work accomplished by ICAO since the last Assembly in the field of air transport policy and regulation. It also provides a brief overview of significant industry and regulatory developments and presents future work to be undertaken by the Organization in this field.
From the International Labor Organization:
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Working Paper: The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Labor in the Civil Aviation Industry (Links to an external site.) (PDF): This 2009 paper by Geraint Harvey and Peter Turnbull investigates the impact of the global financial crisis on labour in the civil aviation industry.
View the videos below related to Module 6 learning objectives. These videos supplement the module readings.